Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Cranberry 'N' Greek Yogurt Salad

     I know, I know!  A post yesterday and now another...  Well, I just want to get this one out here for anyone who is looking for a new salad recipe.  I was wanting something a little different for our Christmas party and this is what I came up with.  It's so pretty and tasty too!  I hope you give it a try and enjoy it.  Did I mention how pretty it is?






                                         Cranberry ’N’ Greek Yogurt Salad

1   14 ounce can Whole Cranberry Sauce (about 1 1/4 cups)
2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
2 cups canned Pineapple Tidbits - well drained
2 cups Mini Marshmallows
2 cups Flaked Coconut
1 cup chopped Pecans, toasted for 5 minutes in 350˚ oven, then cooled

Combine all ingredients, except pecans in a large bowl.  Stir well.  Let sit in fridge 4 hours or overnight.  When you are ready to serve salad, place in serving bowl, stir well and sprinkle nuts over the top. Enjoy! 


NOTES:  You can make your own cranberry sauce, if you like, but why?

               You can use sour cream or plain yogurt in place of the Greek
                      Yogurt.

               You can adjust this recipe to fit amounts in cans.  A little more of                   

                     this or that is great - to suit your taste!

No comments: