Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Recycle Christmas Cards and Photos

     I keep saying I am going to start posting again...  well, I guess today is the day to just get back to it.  My husband and I both have new computers so maybe now there won't be so many mistakes - isn't that the way it's supposed to work?  We will see how it goes.

    Today I want to share a little craft project I did for a gift to one of our sons and one I did for myself.  Every year we are given new photos of grandkids, along with new frames.  Also, I have been a crafter for years and my stashes of nearly every imaginable thing has kept some businesses in business.  I have years and years of Christmas cards that I wanted to keep and use for something, some day!  We have photos of memories that we have nearly forgotten.  I saw something that sparked an idea for me.  I hope you like my interpretation...

     This is a cut out Christmas card that I really liked.  The quilted fabric is from one of my stashes.  I used a brown colored pencil around all the edges so the cut card did not show white edges.  A simple glue stick around the edges and a big X on the back stuck the card where I wanted it.  A heavy book on top kept it in place until well dried.  I did not put the glass into the frame because it was already a bit bulky.  Our son and his family seem to like their new decoration.









     This is a photo of a dear friend who has worked as a professional Santa for years.  This frame came from our local dollar store.  The quilted fabric is from my stash.  I used my simple glue stick around the edges and a big X across the back, I used a heavy book to help it dry in place and put the glass back on this one.  The 'Noel' is cut from an old card and glued on the outside of the glass.  I added the red bow and now, Santa hangs on my wall for all Christmas's to come.








     I hope you enjoy my little craft project and the instructions make sense to you...  sometimes it's not easy to give instructions, when you know what you mean!

No comments: