Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cream Cheese Spreads

I am always looking for quick and easy things to make when company comes calling.  Years ago I would keep purchased cheese spreads in the fridge and crackers in the pantry.  Well, that can be expensive so I decided to make up my own spreads.  Hubby and I both really like sun dried tomatoes, garlic and salmon.  That is how the variations came about.  The spreads will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and they are soooo tasty.  I hope you will give them a try and that you enjoy them.


Sun Dried Tomato Cheese Spread
Basic Cheese Spread with Garlic

                           CREAM CHEESE SPREADS

Basic Spread:
1 8 ounce pkg. Cream Cheese - room temperature (this can be regular or 1/3 less fat)
2 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar 
2 med. cloves Garlic - minced very fine (I use my garlic press or zester)
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper

Using a mixer, cream the Cream Cheese. Mix in the Vinegar, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Mix well. Refrigerate and serve chilled with crackers.

Variations:
Sun Dried Tomato Spread:
To one batch of ‘Basic Spread’ add:
2 tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes (in oil but drained) - coarse chopped
1 Green Onion - chopped


Salmon Spread:
To one batch of ‘Basic Spread’ add:
1 teaspoon fresh Lemon Juice
1  small can Salmon - drained
2 teaspoon drained Capers - chopped 
1 teaspoons chopped fresh Dill
1 Green Onion - chopped









No comments: