Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coleslaw

When we go out to eat and there is a choice of sides on the menu, my hubby almost always chooses coleslaw if it is one of the choices.  I'm not such a big fan.  Actually, I almost never make that choice.  Hubby John loves coleslaw but don't even begin to think he's not picky about it.  I will sometimes take a taste if he says it is good.  Well, I have pretty much figured out what he likes and now I make coleslaw once in a while.  We had it the other night with the baby back ribs he grilled.  I don't like to bother with the slicing and dicing of the cabbages and carrots for the two of us so I buy the already sliced bags in the grocery store.  We like the mix of green and purple cabbages and carrots.  What a time saver!  We both like the dressing to be tangy with not too much sweet.  I have found that I like the taste of organic blue agave sweetener, but you can use granulated sugar if you prefer.


                                             COLESLAW

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Agave sweetener or granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 pound shredded cabbage (about 6 to 7 cups)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Whisk all the dressing ingredients together.  Toss dressing with about a pound of shredded cabbage.  (you can cut your own or use a bag of already shredded coleslaw mix from the grocery store - found with the bagged salads)   You can adjust the sweetness and vinegar to suit your own taste.  Chill for at least an hour.

Serves 6



2 comments:

Millie said...

Mighty good . . . your recipe collection is growing by leaps and bounds. Love it, thank you!!!

Pat Dyer Lutzow said...

It is my pleasure Millie! I do this because it gives me pleasure. I love sharing, as long as people enjoy receiving!