Thursday, May 30, 2013

Guacamole Supreme

The first time I had guacamole I fell in love again!  Sorry Honey, it's a food thing, it's not a heart thing and always remember that I share the food things.  Even though I grew up in California, it was Northern California and on the coast (Eureka, to be exact).  For those of you that know Eureka and those of you that still live there, we know that avocados do not grow there.  Back in the dark ages, when I was growing up, we didn't have avocados at our house.  I think I lived in Southern California the first time I ate one.  At first I thought it was a little strange, then, by the second time I ate it I was hooked.  Then Guacamole entered my life!  Oh my goodness, I saw stars!  I have loved guacamole ever since.  I make it a lot and it is always gone so I assume that everyone in the world shares my love.  Here is my recipe for Guacamole Supreme (it's better than 'baby love').




                                    Guacamole Supreme

3 Ripe Avocados (to check for ripeness, gently squeeze - it should give a little, but not be mushy)
1/4 cup Onion, finely chopped (red, white or green are good)
1 Roma Tomato, chopped small (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped (this is good but optional)
1 Large Jalapeno Pepper, chopped fine (about 2 tablespoons)
         Note: fresh Jalapeno is best but even the pickled ones work   
1 tablespoon fresh Lime Juice
1/8 teaspoon Salt (a pinch)
Black Pepper (half a pinch)
1 or 2 teaspoons Franks Original Hot Sauce (spicy or not so..)

Cut Ripe Avocados in half and remove the seed.  Use a large spoon to scoop out the avocado by running the spoon in along the skin.  Place the avocados into a medium size bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the Hot Sauce.  Use a fork to gently smash the ingredients together.  I like to leave it a bit chunky.  Now, taste the guacamole and add the Hot Sauce to suit your taste.   

Serve with tortilla chips.  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great guacamole recipe. I have to try it!

Dianne

Pat Dyer Lutzow said...

Dianne, We just had some on our nachos for lunch. It is a great way to use those avocados when they all come ripe at one time. Enjoy!